Students: Remember that research paper that cost you so many sleepless nights? Now is your chance to cash in. Literally!
Your BSC Library is teaming up with the Southern Academic Review to offer a prize: The BSC Award for Excellence in Library Research. The Award honors the finest paper, written by a current first- or second-year BSC student, which shows a breadth, depth, and understanding of research.
The winner will receive a $300 honorarium to be presented on Honors Day and have his or her paper published in Southern Academic Review, the student-edited journal devoted to highlighting the best of BSC student work.
Last year’s award went to Jake O’Leary for his paper, “KP1019: Chemical Interactions with Nitrogenous Bases and Their Biological Significance.”
Note: While the Excellence in Library Research Award is limited to first- and second-year students, anyone can submit a paper for publication to the Southern Academic Review (SAR).
SAR Submission Guidelines:
- Essays should be 8-16 pages including bibliography (double spaced, 12 point Times New Roman font, paginated).
- All methods of citation (APA, Chicago, MLA, etc.) will be accepted.
- All submissions should be sent as a word document with the subject line- "SAR Submission—Name."
- The cover email should contain an essay abstract (100-150 words).
- Students may submit more than one essay.
- The deadline is February 14
Send submissions and/or questions to McKenzie Davies (firstname.lastname@example.org), Sean McCarthy (email@example.com), or Lauren Chisholm (firstname.lastname@example.org).